The markets in Colombia, which is the country that gets benefits of being in a tropical region, are like colourful fruit gardens. As a result of that whatever you eat in Colombia you should not forget to eat fruits. Now I amde a good job for you. I chosed 10 of these fruits that you should try in Colombia. Enjoy the list.
- Carambola: This yellow fruit is very good for the people who love sour flavor. Believe me. Just try it.
- Granadilla: It is one of the most popular fruits in Colombia. You should follow a different way to to eat this fruit. You should hit to fruit to a hard place to broke its shell. Then you take the shell off with your fingers. After that you tear the membrane to suck the inside of the fruit. Granadilla has a sweet taste. It is easy to find this fruit.
- Guama: Guama looks like a hormoned kidney beans rather than a fruit. When you brake its shell, you would see the white fruit. These are the frutis that you should eat. But becareful. Because, these white fruits have big cores inside them. Guama has a sweet taste.
- Guanabana: It is a green, thick spiny and a big fruit. The taste of the fruit is so sweet. It is one of my favourite fruits. Although it is a little bit expensive, you can buy it as sliced.
- Lulo: The inside of this sour and acidic flavor fruit is juicy. Although you can eat it by a spoon after cutting the fruit from the middle, the juice type is much more popular.
- Mango: It is one of the most popular and most well-known fruits. As a fruit juice, it has a place almost in all restaurants’ menu.
- Mangosteen: It has both a strange outlook and inside look. After peeling the fruit by hands of a knife you reach the garlic shape fruit. Although you may think for a while to eat the fruit, you would like the taste of the fruit.
- Passion Fruit (Maracuya): This fruit has a very sweet taste. This fruit is also one of the most important fruits which are used as ingredients for cakes.
- Pitaya: It is also known as “Dragon fruit”. You can also see its name as “pitahaya”. The fruit has two colors; red and white. The one in Colombia has a yellow color. The taste of the fruit is so sweet. You can eat it by spoon after cutting it half.
- Uchuva: This fruit looks like a gold cherry with its colour and shape in the yellow leaves. It has a very acidic flavor.
This post is also available in: Turkish